8 August 2017
Sell A Vacant Home With Photorealistic Virtual Staging
Most people know of home staging, and how it can help attract buyers and sell a property faster, but this also comes at quite a high cost!
Times have changed with how properties are marketed, with the introduction of Virtual Staging. In short, Virtual Staging is an alternative option to traditional staging, where an interior is furnished using graphic design software. The goal is to enable potential buyers to visualize an unfurnished property, the key advantage over traditional staging is the time and expense.
Virtual Staging is about presenting a property in the most appealing way to potential buyers. Many people think that virtual staging is deceiving to the buyer, but in fact, you are just showing how the property can look with different furniture. It is no different from traditional staging, in which furniture is rented with the purpose of making the property attractive.
How It Works
Effective Virtual Staging requires a professional photographer to take the photos, these are essential for the rooms to look realistic. The photos are then edited using design software to ‘build’ furniture in the room, most designers are trained interior designers so have a good eye for what works, and what doesn’t.
Most digital editors require a room that is being Virtually Staged to be empty, but initial editing can be done to remove furniture, digitally, before virtually staging it. With new technology and techniques, designers can now make rooms look extremely realistic, even down to putting reflections and shadows on the furniture.
How to Best Use Virtual Staging
First impressions count!
You need to get the attention of potential buyers when they are flicking through online listings or looking at promotional materials, such as brochures. You want to motivate people to come and view the property. With the affordability of Virtual Staging, it really has multiple purposes. But if you have the intention of selling a house it is best used for:
- Demonstrating the potential of vacant properties - Providing photos of a house with furniture will heighten its appeal to buyers.
- Replacing dated furniture - Virtual staging is an economical alternative to traditional staging and a lot easier.
- Finishing an unfinished home - Skilled designers can add flooring, wall coloring, and other small fixtures to an unfinished home, meaning you can advertise a home before it is fully finished.
- A great addition to marketing materials.
Benefits of Using Virtual Staging
There are more benefits to using Virtual Staging than just affordability and ease. Here are some of a few benefits of choosing virtual over traditional staging.
- It’s affordable for everyone! It can be used for all types of property, from small apartments to luxury mansions.
- You can choose the style of furniture in the images, so your listing will always be staged within vogue styles.
- It is well known that staging helps to attract buyers and sell properties. 10% of listings are using Virtual Staging.
- Buyers can see what the property looks like with and without furniture.
- Makes your property a lot more appealing. It gets buyers in the door so that the realtors can then do the rest.
What Kind of Properties is it Best Suited to?
It’s viable for all properties, not just for well-dressed homes at the high end of the market. With it being so affordable and easy it is a viable choice for all kinds of property, from small rental apartments to
Virtual Staging is without a doubt the best approach to marketing a vacant home, offering the benefits of traditional staging at the fraction of the cost. You can’t sell a property with Virtual Staging alone, but it will attract buyers who may not otherwise look at it. Virtual Staging shows people how to live in the home, for example, how a large space like living and dining areas can be used effectively.
If you’re looking at making your property pictures more appealing, Virtual Staging is something to consider. BoxBrownie.com offers a full range of real estate photo editing services, in addition to providing the most affordable and professional Virtual Staging on the market.
Find out more about how we can help sell your property with Virtual Staging, click here.