12 June 2017
Brad's Pre-Photography Check List
When you're on a shoot there are so many things to keep in mind, remember that missing small details can happen occasionally. We sat down with BoxBrownie.com Director and Photographer, Brad Filliponi, to create a checklist to follow before you start taking property photos.
The list can be used by both photographers and real estate professionals. If you are an agent this checklist is a great way to ensure you have the property ready for when the photographer arrives, helping the shoot run smoothly and quickly.
This comprehensive checklist, which can seem daunting at first, but will eventually become second nature. This list will help ensure you make fewer mistakes and become a more confident real estate photographer.
- Keep in mind that rooms can look different depending on the height of your shot so take a few different angles and send us your favorite. This is especially important in areas like bedrooms, kitchen, dining area and also balcony view areas.
- Put out freshly co-ordinated towels. Neatly double folded looks best – use matching colors for most attractive results.
- For that professional touch turn all taps to the center (or even side on looks great) so that they are all matching – basins, showers, and baths. Same goes for the kitchen and outdoor areas.
- It is always a good idea to set any table with your best cutlery and perhaps a centerpiece, such as a candle or flowers, lower height is better. White plates have the best effect in photos. Neatly presented flowers/fruit are always welcomed in the kitchen/dining/living areas.
- On all exterior and interior images make sure you take an extra wide shot of the subject. Our editing team will fix any vertical distortion from your camera lens which means some edges can get cut out during the retouching process.
To download a full copy of the Pre Photography Checklist click here.
Once you have taken your photos, using the checklist, upload your photos to our photo editing service on the BoxBrownie.com website, sit back and wait for your professionally edited photos to arrive.